"NEW" style of play allows for more participation, more movement,
more action, more play and less standing!!
The new exciting Futures league, for boys and girls age 7-12, offers an opportunity for young players to learn and enjoy the game of volleyball in an enhanced and modified setting that is more conducive to smaller and younger players.
Our philosophy includes using smaller courts, lower nets, a lighter ball, longer rallies, and less players per team to encourage more movement, more action, and the opportunity for young players to play more and stand still less. Our vision is to produce a kid’s version of volleyball for, well kids! Kids don’t drive cars, they ride bikes. This is the bike-riding of volleyball!
*Parent participation is highly encouraged.*
- 20’ X 20’ courts with modified serving zones and 6 foot net height.
- Lighter “volley-light” style ball.
- Max volley scoring - rallies begin with a serve, are played out, and followed by 2 additional balls put into play by each team’s coach. Point is awarded to the team that wins the majority of the 3 rallies.
- 8 weeks of play on Sunday afternoons. All 8 weeks include approximately 1 1/2 hours of practice with instruction from top coaches. The final 30min will consist of scrimmage play for the participants.
- Match format is 4 v 4, with no more than 6 players per team.
PLEASE READ THROUGH THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION PRIOR TO REGISTERING
- Scroll over “Registration” at the top and choose leagues.
- On the left side of the page, choose your specific sport. Once the sport has been chosen, choose your division (Coed, Men's, Women's)
- Click the register button on the right for the league you are looking to register.
IF REGISTERING A NEW TEAM:
If your team is not set up, please select: "Register a Team". This will prompt you to enter the team name, and allow you to set the registration code. In order to register yourself to the team, you will need to choose the register button to the right of the league you registered your team for and follow the directions below for “IF JOINING A TEAM”.
IF JOINING A TEAM:
If you are a player registering for a specific team, please select: “Join a Team”. You will need a registration code to join your team. Please contact your captain to obtain your registration code.
IF REGISTERING AS A FREE AGENT:
If you are registering as a free agent and looking to be placed on a team, please select: “Register Individual”.
Individual youth’s that wish to play on the same team, but are not registering on a previously created private team can do so by sending an email to the Sport Director (email@example.com) requesting to be placed together. If 4 or more players wish to play together, please create and register a new private team and email the League Director requesting assistance filling the roster. The Virginia Beach Field House does not assign coaches to teams.