Youth Soccer – Finishing / Keeping Training
This will be a training that specifically focuses on the art of scoring and the art of goal keeping. Keepers will learn how to sharpen their skills to learn quicker reaction time and the proper techniques to become a successful keeper. Field players will learn how to sharpen their skills striking a ball and proper placement of their body and the ball when going against a keeper.
The clinic will be coached by Vasit Leidy:
– Earned his bachelor of science in Electrical Engineering Technology from SUNY of Utica, New York in 1988.
– Received an associate’s degree in Electrical Engineering Technology from New York’s Orange County Community College in 1985.
– Holds a United States Soccer Federation “E” and National “D” licenses.
– NSCAA (United Soccer Coaches) Level 1 Goalkeeper license.
– United Soccer Coaches “Director of Coaching” License.
– More than 20 years as a goal keeper coach for Virginia Wesleyan College.
– Experience as a camp staff coach at Virginia Wesleyan College and recruiter.
– Assistant soccer coach for Kellam and formerly Landstown High School.
– Assistant soccer coach for Salem High School for 12 seasons.
– Former coach for NYSL and The Atlantic Soccer Club.
– Former coach for the U.S. Navy Command soccer team for 10 years.
– U.S. Navy Aircrewman, Flight Instructor, and Command Senior Enlisted Advisor for AWSTS.
– Command Fitness Leader and Physical Fitness Specialist certified by the Cooper Institute.
– Recipient of The Navy & Marine Association Peer-Selected Leadership Award.
– Born in Nakhon, Thailand, raised in Layton, Utah.
The league will run on Sundays starting March 18th and will run for 8 weeks.
12-14 year olds (4:30-5:30) – Keepers need to be there at 4:00.
15-18 year olds (6:00-7:00) – Keepers need to be there at 5:30.