2018 Youth Volleyball
- $90 early registration fee + $10 admin fee (2 weeks prior to season starting)
- $100 regular registration fee + $10 admin fee (within 2 weeks of season starting)
- 8 Weeks of clinical learning + Scrimmage (FUTURES)
- 14 Regular season games + Single elimination postseason (JUNIORS)
- 1st Tie Breaker is head to head matchup. 2nd Tie Breaker is points allowed
- Players may register as a free agent or to a private team
- Minimum roster is 6 players, there is no max
- Rosters must be finalized by game 3 of each season
- No sub players allowed for youth leagues
- Schedules will be posted online. Please do not print the schedule as it is subject to change
- In the event of an ejection, players will be suspended for a minimum of 1 week forcing them to miss the following game.
- Teams must be registered 7 days prior to the start of the season and must have 4 paid players in order to be added to the schedule
- Any free agents wishing to play together must email the director, La’Quan Bailey at email@example.com
2018 Spring Youth Volleyball
Registration Deadline: March 11
Season runs from March 18 – May 20
Futures Volleyball League
The Futures program, for boys and girls age 7-12, offers an opportunity for young players to learn and enjoy the game of volleyball in an enhanced and modified setting that is more conducive to smaller and younger players.
Our philosophy includes using smaller courts, lower nets, a lighter ball, longer rallies, and less players per team to encourage more movement, more action, and the opportunity for young players to play more and stand still less. Our vision is to produce a kid’s version of volleyball for, well kids! Kids don’t drive cars, they ride bikes. This is the bike-riding of volleyball!
*Parent participation is highly encouraged.*
- 20’ X 20’ courts with modified serving zones and 6 foot net height.
- Lighter “volley-light” style ball.
- 8 weeks of clinic styled learning on Sunday afternoons.
Any player between 13 and 16 years is eligible to play in the Juniors League. Boys teams and girls teams may play in the same league. Coed teams are allowed. Games will be held on Sunday afternoons beginning at 2pm depending on the number of teams.
Please note: The Virginia Beach Field House “does not” assign coaches to teams. Coaches are required for all youth sports, including High School, to ensure player discipline & sportspersonship. These individuals do not need to make coaching decisions, but must attend games. Practices do not come with this league but will be offered based on our court availability (this ranges on a seasonal basis). Our leagues are set up for participants to learn through gameplay.
PLEASE READ THROUGH THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION PRIOR TO REGISTERING
- Scroll over “Registration” at the top and choose leagues.
- On the left side of the page, choose your specific sport. Once the sport has been chosen, choose your division (Coed, Men’s, Women’s)
- Click the register button on the right for the league you are looking to register.
IF REGISTERING A NEW TEAM:
If your team is not set up, please select: “Register a Team”. This will prompt you to enter the team name, and allow you to set the registration code. In order to register yourself to the team, you will need to choose the register button to the right of the league you registered your team for and follow the directions below for “IF JOINING A TEAM”.
IF JOINING A TEAM:
If you are a player registering for a specific team, please select: “Join a Team”. You will need a registration code to join your team. Please contact your captain to obtain your registration code.
IF REGISTERING AS A FREE AGENT:
If you are registering as a free agent and looking to be placed on a team, please select: “Register Individual”.