2018 Adult Basketball League
- $80 per person registration fee + $10 admin fee (yearly)
- 7 Regular season games + Postseason
- The number of teams able to participate in playoffs will be determined by the director early in the season. Not every team makes playoffs.
- 1st Tie Breaker is head to head matchup. 2nd Tie Breaker is points allowed
- Players may register as a free agent or to a private team
- Minimum roster is 7 players, there is no max
- Rosters must be finalized by game 4 of each season
- Sub players are allowed for adult leagues only. $15 fee per game, per player
- Only 3 sub fees will be used towards your total registration fee. Any additional sub fees paid will not count towards the total registration fee
- Schedules will be posted online. Please do not print the schedule as it is subject to change
- In the event of an ejection, players will be suspended for a minimum of 1 week forcing them to miss the following game.
- Teams must be registered 7 days prior to the start of the season and must have 3 paid players in order to be added to the schedule
- Any free agents wishing to play together must email the director, La’Quan Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org
- All Virginia Beach Field House Intramural basketball games for both youth and adult are governed by the National Federation of High School Basketball rules with the EXCEPTIONS and modifications outlined in the rules below. The official rules are written and published by the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS), which governs Virginia High School basketball rules.
2018 Summer Adult Basketball
Registrations Deadline: May 13, 2018
Season Runs from May 18 – August 12
Division 1, 2 & Division 3 Advanced
- Skilled players that know their way around the court
- For players that like to win
- Players must be 18 years or older
Division 3 & Over 35
- Play for the fun of the game
- Play for exercise
- Would like to win but winning is not the reason for playing
- Players must be 18 years or older (Division 3)
- Scroll over “Registration” at the top and choose leagues.
- On the left side of the page, choose your specific sport. Once the sport has been chosen, choose your division (Coed, Men’s, Women’s)
- Click the register button on the right for the league you are looking to register.
IF REGISTERING A NEW TEAM:
If your team is not set up, please select: “Register a Team”. This will prompt you to enter the team name, and allow you to set the registration code. In order to register yourself to the team, you will need to choose the register button to the right of the league you registered your team for and follow the directions below for “If Joining a Team”.
IF JOINING A TEAM:
If you are a player registering for a specific team, please select: “Join a Team”. You will need a registration code to join your team. Please contact your captain to obtain your registration code.
IF REGISTERING AS A FREE AGENT:
If you are registering as a free agent and looking to be placed on a team, please select: “Register Individual”.
- Home team must provide their own white shirts
- Away team must provide their own dark shirts
- We encourage teams to provide their own jerseys!
(if teams show up with similar color jerseys which are difficult for the refs to distinguish, the home team is expected to change or wear pinnies. Everyone must provide their own jerseys.)