2019 Adult Basketball League
League InformationNEW TEAM FEE STRUCTURE
- $440 team fee due by registration deadline (March 3rd) + $25 each week (per team not individual)
- Maximum roster size is 9 players
- If teams need subs, the $15 fee will apply as usual. Sub fees do not count towards the total team fee.
- 7 Regular season games + Postseason
- The number of teams able to participate in playoffs will be determined by the director early in the season. Not every team makes playoffs.
- 1st Tie Breaker is head to head match-up. 2nd Tie Breaker is points allowed
- Players may register as a free agent or to a private team
- Rosters must be finalized by game 3 of each season
- Sub players are allowed for adult leagues only. $15 fee per game, per player
- Schedules will be posted online. Please do not print the schedule as it is subject to change
- In the event of an ejection, players will be suspended for a minimum of 1 week forcing them to miss the following game.
- Any free agents wishing to play together must email the director, La’Quan Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org
- All Virginia Beach Field House Intramural basketball games for both youth and adult are governed by the National Federation of High School Basketball rules with the EXCEPTIONS and modifications outlined in the rules below. The official rules are written and published by the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS), which governs Virginia High School basketball rules.
2019 Spring Adult Basketball:
Registrations Deadline: March 3, 2018
Season Runs from March 8 – May 3
Division 1 & 2
- Skilled players that know their way around the court
- For players that like to win
- Players must be 18 years or older
Division 3 Advanced
- For players who are still competitive but not as active
- Play for the fun of the game
- Play for exercise
- Winning is not the reason for playing
- Home team must provide their own white shirts
- Away team must provide their own dark shirts
- We encourage teams to provide their own jerseys!
(if teams show up with similar color jerseys which are difficult for the refs to distinguish, the home team is expected to change or wear pinnies. Everyone must provide their own jerseys.)