The Skills Institute: Soccer
A USSF & US Youth Soccer Aligned Approach to Development
Soccer Development for All Ages
This personalized, adaptive approach to teaching fundamental soccer skills, when combined with the Skills Institutes’ low player-to-coach ratio, results in a fun, fast-paced learning environment that inspires players to achieve their personal goals as athletes, whether playing on club or school teams, or playing pick-up soccer with friends.
Our curriculum matches the USSF’s U.S. Soccer Curriculum. This age appropriate instructional framework helps to guide over-all player development in technical skill, tactical knowledge, physical ability, and social & psychological awareness. With this approach we can provide age-appropriate clinics and classes that directly meet the needs of local clubs and youth soccer associations. Our classes are timely too, because we try to schedule to accommodate the schedule and tryouts of most local youth soccer associations. That’s why the Skills Institute is a great fit for a wide variety of players, including first-time players, Lil’ Kickers graduates who are looking to join local youth soccer teams, and club players looking for a leg up in progressing to higher levels of competition.
The Skills Institute has a foundational approach to training the youth of today in a fun, safe environment, that meets kids at their entry point and develops them to the next level.
To learn more about The Skills Institute program, visit www.lilkickers.com/skills-institute-u6-u13-soccer-development.
Developmental Benefits to Small Sided Soccer:
- Climate control (no exposure to outdoor elements/weather)
- Fast paced game with minimal stoppages
- More touches on the ball per player
- Improved fitness levels
- Develop small group defending, attacking, and transition
- Improves players individual skills
- Kids love it and find indoor soccer to be “fun”
- Encourage quicker speed of play
Space is limited to allow for a more personalized experience.
- Private Classes can be formed on a day and time of your choosing with a minimum of 3 children enrolled.
- May make up any missed classes within the session with approval of Coordinator
Administrative fee required ($10 per person)
Not sure where to place your child? We have a variety of classes for ages 18 months – 7 years.
*Click the + buttons on the right of the name to expand the description.
Level 1: Ages 5-6, 7-8, 9-12
The focus will be on the basic fundamentals of player development through: dribbling, passing, shooting, trapping, and how to use each skill effectively in a game. Level 1 will take players through a challenging 50-minute weekly session of fundamental skill building and competitive drills/games to develop self-confidence in practices and game situations.
Level 2: Ages 5-6, 7-8, 9-12
(By Recommendation only) The focus will be on the continual development of individual technique, history of the game, positioning, and speed and agility. Level 2 will take players through a challenging 50-minute weekly session of driving competence of the fundamentals, defining of positions, and development of personal strengths and how to contribute those strengths to enhance team play.
- Refunds will ONLY be given if a class has been canceled. We will no longer give refunds for missed classes, as make-ups are available.
- All first time trial classes are free, and must first be approved by Youth Development Coordinator.
- Trial classes are dependent on space availability.
- A Field House waiver must be filled out prior to any trial class, either at our front desk, or through DASH here.
- All make-up classes must be scheduled with Youth Development Coordinator
- Make-up classes are dependent on space availability.
- Make-up classes do not carry over between sessions.
- Private classes can be formed with approval from Youth Development Coordinator
- Classes must consist of a minimum of 3 participants to be formed.
- Participants can wear any athletic or active clothing they are comfortable moving around in.
- Cleats are not needed, however they are permitted.
- Be sure to bring a water bottle or sports drink for water breaks!